market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market 'ownership'

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market 'ownership'
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:29:16 -0400

Our market rents a city park, pays a manager, buys insurance, advertising, website maintenance,  promotions and merchendise with our logo for extra income. Each year we set a budget and anticipate  sponsorship income. Based on those dollars we determine how much to set our fees to the vendors and in the end we hope to finish even or close to it. Nine board members, All volunteers. Some markets might do better but I don't see profit as a likely outcome.
http://athensfarmersmarket.net/
Todd Lister
Veribest Farm