market-farming - [Market-farming] commercial grade dehydrators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] commercial grade dehydrators
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:49:51 EDT

Is anyone here doing commercial-scale drying of stuff like herbs, fruits, veggies?  Husband and I have both recently come to the conclusion that we need (not want, but legitimately need) a commercial scale dehydrator, way better than the home-made unit we've had for awhile.  This new unit would have to be up to snuff for state-level certified food processing inspections.  I've got a question in to our state Ag Dept to find out what the minimum requirements would be for such a dehydrator, but any suggestions/experience from list members would be welcome.  Including where to buy such a creature for less $$$.  Thanks muchly!
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA