market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Permanent beds - Paths

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Permanent beds - Paths
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:31:06 -0500

One purpose of the permanent beds with sod for paths is to prevent compaction where your crops are grown. My clover covered paths allow me to enter the fields without wallowing in mud and allow my tractor to enter it sooner after a rain. Weeds in the paths can be an issue so they need to be mowed frequently.

Thanks,

Farmer Breck

Breck Carden

Carden’s Garden