market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Permanent beds - Paths

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Permanent beds - Paths
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:06:41 -0500

I am not currently using clover for anything other than paths. I tried some under-planting a few years ago and the crops did fine, but eventually the clover and weeds got pretty tall. Coleman’s “New Organic Farmer” book discusses inter-planting in detail. I understand though, that he doesn’t use this system any more, but relies solely on compost.

Thanks,

Farmer Breck

Breck Carden

Carden’s Garden