market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bait to trap skunk

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bait to trap skunk
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 06:47:54 -0500

Greetings,
They also like live chicken, very much. If they were herbivores I would be happy to have them around. My cows love to chase them, they think they are live toys. Silly cows.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Beth Spaugh wrote:

Skunks are a beekeepers No. 1 enemy around here. We use cat food to trap, but a little honey or honeycomb would probably work real well too. Herbivores? They eat bees. They stand in front of the hive and scratch until bees come out to defend the hive, then pick them right off and munch. They can decimate a hive within a week.