market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmall Cub

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207ME.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmall Cub
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:11:31 -0400

Experience here is that we would take tractor with cultivators, all possible parts, and the tool box to the field and head into a row that was planted to exactly match the tools that were to used on it. If you are centering on onion and have a wheel on peas and the other side on carrots, put the whole deal away till the next round of planting and design accordingly.

Since cub is a 1 row deal we would center up on a row, lower the cultivators and go 4 feet at that absolute slowest possible speed.

Stop, examine the result, make changes, move on a bit, repeat till you are getting the desired result.

If you have hand lift controlled by a series of detents or hydraulic lifts these controll the tool carriers, there should be a tool carrier for each side of the row. At the tool carrier, each tooth or sweep should be mounted so that the height of each can be adjusted.

sort of

MAsteveINE

MAsteveINE