market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wasps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Tammy Jones <TamJones AT centurytel.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wasps
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:08:23 -0500

Erik and Karen,

I have copied the info on mint oil spray below.  Raid and Raid-like products do not hold a candle to this stuff.  In fact, I have never seen a product that will kill wasps as quickly as this will (FWIW I have no interest in any company)  If you have an Ace Hardware in your area, they also sell it.   Here are some links.

http://www.rachelsrobin.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-10183

http://www.thenaturalabode.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1318

http://www.greenfeet.com/itemdesc.asp?kw=Poison-Free-Wasp-and-Hornet-Killer&ic=5507-00602-0000&eq=

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(a3kieevcwjwpg4fhr13q2i55)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=7094709

"GREEN": "ENVIRONMENTALLY-RESPONSIBLE"  E.P.A. Registered
"Wasp & Hornet Killer" is a POISON-FREE convenient, ready-to-use, aerosol which can shoot a long 15 foot range stream and will allow the applicator to stand a safe distance away from the wasp, hornet, yellow jacket, or bees nest during treatment. Since this product is certified as "POISON-FREE" by " Scientific Certification Systems" due to its MINT OIL base, concerns about "Toxicity" and "Impact on the Environment" regarding your family, pets, employee staff, and surrounding environment is inconsequential. In fact, due to the safe nature of this product, it is EXEMPT from EPA registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).

In today's world, the increase in governmental restrictions and public concern limiting the use of traditional pesticides in sensitive environments such as public schools and facilities almost mandates the use of "NON-TOXIC", POISON-FREE insecticides. This product is safe to use around children, pets, and even vegetation !

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Mint Oil................8.00%
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate...1.00%
Inert Ingredients.......91.00%
(Water, Carbon Dioxide)

OUTSTANDING FEATURES :
KILLS WASPS, HORNETS, AND
YELLOW JACKETS IN SECONDS

AN EXCELLENT I.P.M. TOOL

FAST KNOCKDOWN

WILL NOT HARM CHILDREN, PETS, OR VEGETATION.

NON-STAINING

WILL NOT EFFECT ROOFING MATERIAL

MOST EFFECTIVE WITHIN SENSITIVE FACILITY AREAS

CONTAINS NO OZONE DEPLETING PROPELLANTS OR INGREDIENTS.
LEAVES FRESH MINT SCENT...
NO OBNOXIOUS CHEMICAL ODORS!
DIALECTRIC STRENGTH : ( ELECTRODES 1/10" APART )
NO ARCING AT 3, 900 VOLTS.

Erik Lane wrote:
fbb9452c0907101053g1179bc5fp2baa88a964f4363e AT mail.gmail.com" type="cite">
They make a mint oil spray that I've tried and it works very well. It
comes in a can like Raid and sprays out like the other bee sprays -
has a good range to it. It also knocks them down pretty quick. It
seems very comparable to the more chemical kinds. Sorry, I don't
remember the name from the can at all.

Erik