market-farming - [Market-farming] Yellow Jackets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Yellow Jackets
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:28:26 -0400

Thanks so much  to everyone for their help on this.  Because the space is so inaccessible and I'm such a wimp and chemically sensitive to boot, I've opted to have it done professionally.   After researching local pest control services and then the products they use, I've decided to try Norman Patterson, of northern CT, theYellowjackexpert.com who vacuums out or uses CO2 to freeze  hornets for use in medical research and remedies.   Don't know costs involved yet, but he does this for free in Northern CT so hoping western MA location and the difficulty of the job will not add too much to that.   Will let you know how it all works out.

House sure could use protection of a few hundred house lizards and geckos.

Best wishes to all,

Karen

Roots Farm
Organic Produce