market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] yellow wax bean

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] yellow wax bean
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:36:58 -0400

On Jun 9, 2009, at 3:12 PM, cjmaness AT juno.com wrote:

No one around here has eaten yellow beans.I've asked neighbors, friends, relatives and they all say no way! We have the one customer who specifically asked us to grow them, saying he couldn't find them anywhere.

Maybe he's from around here? They're fairly common in this area; I started growing them because people often asked for them at the market, and they sell fairly well.

You could really astonish your customers and add some purple beans to the mix. The purple ones all magically turn into green beans when/if you cook them. (Yellow beans stay yellow.)