market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] yellow wax bean

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] yellow wax bean
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 06:19:47 -0400

I think I have grown Carson before the name sounds very familiar. If they
are picked very small, they sometimes will be a little green and yellow.
This year I am growing Nugget. I always grow yellow beans, and some years
grow the purple ones also, just to have a beautiful display with green,
yellow and purple beans.
When the yellow ones get too overripe, they get golden.
I love these yellow beans, and since I have had the green ones all my life,
I enjoy the yellow ones more. You should try eating them and see how good
they are. I make Dilly beans with these also, and they are great. Most
people just want green dilly beans, as this is what they are used to, but
the yellow ones look and taste great also.
As far as sun-burnt looking green beans, I am not sure what these would look
like, but taste them as see how they taste, I bet They are great.
Sue
Vermont