market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] yellow wax bean

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] yellow wax bean
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 00:40:58 GMT

I'm growing yellow wax beans for the first time at the request of one of our
customers. First pick was today, and these have got to be the ugliest things
I've seen. They look like a sun-burnt green bean. I guess I was expecting a
golden yellow color instead of this pale washed out yellow. Is this normal?
Have I done something wrong? Is variety the key to a prettier yellow? We are
growing Carson. I've never eaten them, seen, etc... except in the seed
catalogs, and these don't even come close to what I was expecting. Any words
of wisdom out there?
Thanks,
Carla
Perkins, OK

Hotel pics, info and virtual tours. Click here to book a hotel online.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTKDE2HuGzcsfGjwp2tRzQXqhrogjSQoDuy8XJ7byKFMRNQdDNDXdG/