market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Early Blight in Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Early Blight in Tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 15:02:13 -0400

On Fri, 8 May 2009 08:08:34 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm already seeing some early blight on my tomatoes. Besides peeling
>off the affected leaves, are there any effective organic treatments
>for early blight?

We have fairly good success alternating copper fungicide with Serenade -
spraying one one week, the next the other week. This treatment didn't
totally eliminate the blight, but kept it under control so that the
tomatoes basically were OK.

Serenade is OMRI-approved, and Fedco sells a copper fungicide that is also
OMRI-approved, although that's not the one we used.

The one we used isn't OMRI-approved so far as I know - but I think a copper
fungicide is a copper fungicide, basically.

www.serenadegarden.com

http://www.fedcoseeds.com/ogs/OGSorderItem.php?id=8803&OGSname=fungicide

Pat
-- North-Central Pennsylvania, USA
www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html

The world has enough for everyone's need,
but not enough for everyone's greed.

Attributed to Mahatma Gandhi.