market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Planting out Plugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BillOhio <billohio AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Planting out Plugs
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 22:04:38 -0400

Liz--

EXACTLY !! I forgot to mention how using plugs eliminates the wasted garden space on a round that doesn't come up.

Allan -- It's sorta like Dad would say about castrating pigs--he did it when his knife was sharp. I try to get them out when true leaves have appeared, which usually coincides with them being fairly well rooted -- but in a pinch, I do them when the soil is right and I've got the time. We keep them moist by covering with rowcover and either misting or running the driplines.

But hey, I'm REALLY small potatoes here, guys...got a full-time job and we do med transcription as well on the side, so take what I say with that in mind, okay? I appreciate the chance to chip in now and then.

Bill Huhman
central Ohio