market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Planting out Plugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Planting out Plugs
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 21:03:07 -0400

Bill - How long do you give them between germination and planting out? How do you 'keep moist'? -Allan in WV (who has to ask everything...)

Allan,
I like to plant lettuce plugs--288s in my case. I cover with rowcover and keep moist. I can sow the seeds while relaxing in the house in the evenings; get the spacing where I want it off the bat; and the plugs get a headstart on sprouting weeds.

Bill Huhman
central Ohio