market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] starting pepper plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: deberryemail-website AT yahoo.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] starting pepper plants
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 05:19:51 -0700 (PDT)

If the seeds on the outside of the heat mat came up and the middle did not  it sounds like maybe you have to much heat.  I used to teach highschool agscience and once saw a highschool greenhouse where only the seeds in the trays that were near the edge or actually off the heat mat would germinate.  Students did not use the thermostatic controller and the heat was to high.  I have also seen the middle of trays stay to wet if  the table or bench under the mat is not level and water ponds on the mat.

Not sure if that helps

Charles DeBerry