market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ken Bezilla <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing Tomatoes
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:52:44 +0000

Alison --

re: the biodegradable mulch you use -- is it OMRI listed?  We tried using a biodegradeable mulch a few years ago (forget the name, I'll have to look it up), and our organic certifier (QCS) told us that because the manufacturer was too secretive about the product's nature that they couldn't approve it... and so we had to pick up the mulch at the end of the season, which of course was inconvenient and against the whole point of using it.

Ken Bezilla
Acorn
central VA, zone 6b

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!