market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seedling growth vs temps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seedling growth vs temps
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:10:11 -0500

Shawnee,

Better yet,  if the tomatoes have foot long stems, when planting take off all the lower leaves and bury the whole stem along the ground.  Roots will grow along the whole length and make more nutrition available to the plant.  Pulling up the plants at the end of the season will show you what I mean, the whole length will be covered with roots.

Maury

logo email smallSustainably producing greens in the Northeast.