market-farming - [Market-farming] Growing Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Growing Tomatoes
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:39:42 -0500

This is a heck of a thing to admit to, but I think I need some tips on growing tomatoes.

I grow a couple thousand plants of several dozen locally established heirloom beefsteak tomatoes.

I also grow a few hundred early girls and better boys.

None of my tomatoes have had much of a yield the past two years and, for the most part, their harvest time seems to be getting less each year.

I assume this is my problem and not a climate related problem.

I'm looking for good advice on getting a good crop of tomatoes this season.

Thanks

-Allan