market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seed starting greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seed starting greenhouse
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:24:20 -0500

I used to do it before I had a tighter greenhouse and better heating.  My seedlings are much more vigorous when I keep the night-time temps >50.

Andy

Andrew R. King wrote:

Last year I moved 3 week old Tomato and pepper seedlings into the greenhouse. The temp. was set to 35 degrees.  The average daytime temp. was 80 and the average nighttime temp. was 40 degrees. All the seedlings grow into strong healthy plants.

            I was wondering if anyone else had tried growing seedlings at such a low nighttime temperature?