market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seed starting greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seed starting greenhouse
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:04:17 -0500

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:10:55 -0500, you wrote:

>Last year I moved 3 week old Tomato and pepper seedlings into the
>greenhouse. The temp. was set to 35 degrees. The average daytime temp. was
>80 and the average nighttime temp. was 40 degrees. All the seedlings grow
>into strong healthy plants.
>

> I was wondering if anyone else had tried growing seedlings at
>such a low nighttime temperature?

Not quite - our seedlings are in our house. But we keep our thermostat at
50 during the nighttime - that's not a huge difference.

And some of the seedlings are certainly even cooler, because some are in
the bay window. The bay window sticks out from the house (with its own
little 'roof' and 'floor') and is definitely cooler than the rest of the
house.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania

Good planets are hard to find; let's take care of
the one we have.