market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seed starting greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seed starting greenhouse
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:37:32 -0500

Hi Andy,
    Unfortunately, my large basement seed start area can get quite cold at times. I think that when tomatoes get too cold, they turn more purple on stems and under leaves.  Some say that hurts yields - but mine seem to bear as usual. I am interested to hear of other's experiences with early cold and yields. If it made a difference, i'd make a warm tent in there.
Toni

I was wondering if anyone else had tried growing seedlings at such a low nighttime temperature?
Andy King