market-farming - [Market-farming] are you a global warming deniers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <bullrunfarm AT hughes.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] are you a global warming deniers?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:27:05 -0400

Title: are you a global warming deniers?

At 2:53 AM -0400 9/14/07, Brigette Leach wrote:
Lucy and other Gore supporters and advocates,
Okay, if Avery is funded by Monsanto, Exxon, etc. and that makes his position questionable and information suspect, help me understand who finances Mr. Gore's position and how he does or doesn't benefit financially from his writing, speaking and movie making? Any idea how much his speaking fee is?

Real logical fallacy on your part, Bridget, but what the heck most every tenet of the global warming deniers is based on a lala land view of the world and the ability to  deny what they see with their own eyes and instead enjoy falling back on a number of logical fallacies such as attacking straw men (and woman).

  Here's a few easy steps to finding out if you are a pod person (someone who lives in a pod, no doubt air-conditioned, where they never look at or consider the real world) and instead are global warming deniers.

Are you denying the objective data showing the world's temperatures are getting warmer?

Are you denying the objective data that the world's ice packs are rapidly disappearing?

Are you denying the data showing the effects of burning massive amounts of coal?

Are you denying the effect of  humans running hundreds of millions of atmospheric heaters  (automobile engines) each and every day?

Are you denying the objective data that thew world is significantly warmer where humans exist in concentration  (cities) as opposed to where they aren't as concentrated?

Are you denying that the human population has doubled in our (well at least my) lifetime with the concomitant increase in heating, food production, transportation, clothing, housing needs?

Are you denying the millions of tons of exhaust  from the massive engines needed to transport the millions of large aircraft that are in the worlds skies at any moment?

Are you denying the effect of the hundreds of millions of tons human biological waste that are dumped into the worlds oceans and rivers every hour?

Are you denying the effect of human activity that that modifies the worlds ecosystem by  covering soil with asphalt, concrete and other non water absorbing materials and instead of the water being absorbed into the soil and then evaporated back into the air it now runs off through drainage systems into rivers where  it is deposited into the salt laden oceans?

And those are only a few of the engines of global warming so instead of denying your own eyes lets start thinking about what can be done to not pollute our own nest.

(I imagine the argument that says that Avery is funded by the oil and coal industry besides being based on objective truth is the complete amazement on the part of some people wondering how anyone can be as silly as Avery and his cohorts are in their arguments. Their thoughts must run something like  'no one can really be as stupid and mindless as Avery appears to be.'  Instead they assume he's not a moron and that he is in the pay of the people making money out of pollution.  Me, I think he's really that dumb.  I think he really believes the childish gibberish that comes out of his mouth and word processor.  My question, though, is: are the people that print his stuff also that stupid?  or are they along for the ride looking for a good laugh to see if anyone out there will actually take what he says seriously.  I think his writings are a real roar,  sort of on the lines of The Onion).

--
Every rock has an inherent logic you're not aware of until you see a fake rock.
- Stanley Kubrick

        http://www.bullrunfarm.com/