market-farming - [Market-farming] Gore, and the global warming science

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sam White <cedarrockcsa AT yahoo.com>
  • To: avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Gore, and the global warming science
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 06:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

Gore is on the boards of Apple and Google, both of
which compensate well.

>From what I understand, he's not being compensated
with money from An Inconvenient Truth, either book or
movie. All of that is going to several non-profits
that are educating the public on global warming. But
he does get compensated well for his speaking, I'm
sure.

The thing is, all you have to do is look at the carbon
isotopes found in tree rings, the atmosphere, ice
caps, and glaciers. In each of these time records,
the CO2 levels were in a cycle, rising up and down in
the last 1 million years(that's as far back as we can
go, so far). When the temperature rose or fell, so
did CO2, when CO2 rose or fell, so did the
temperature. They have a partnership.

So, with the advent of the steam engine on a massive
scale in the first half of the 1800's, something odd
happened. Each element has two commonly found, and
stable, isotopes. In Carbon, they are c-12 and c-13,
and when everything is hunky-dory, c-13 is the
dominant isotope. C-12 becomes the dominant isotope
when the earth's crust splits open, or when we burn
fossil fuels.

And sure enough, with the burning of more fossil
fuels, c-12 began it's rise as the dominant stable
isotope. It's a chemical record, proven through
several investigations, that the burning of fossil
fuels is causing this global climate change.

And as CO2 levels worldwide, rise, so does the global
atmospheric temperature. The Princeton models
forecast a 20 to 30% soil moisture loss during the
summer months in the United States in 45 years, 40 to
60% 40 years after that.

But, with several million dollars, conservative think
tanks can buy off 5 to 10 of the 2000 Atmospheric
Science Ph.d holders in the world, who can boggle the
science, and confuse the masses.

Sam
Cedar Rock Farm
Mt. Savage, MD