market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] are you a global warming deniers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] are you a global warming deniers?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:20:00 -0400

Bill,

    I like your peeve.  Did you know that in New Jersey lawn clipping as considered toxic waste, because of all the pesticides, herbicides and fungicides used?

Maury Sheets

Woodland Produce- Fairton, New Jersey

Hydroponically producing sustainable salad greens in the Northeast.

  This isn't so much about population growth, IMO, as it is about developers' greed and the cheap gasoline and subsidized highway system which allow people to push ever further from their place of employment at the expense of rural communities and the environment. IMO, miles of perfectly-manicured lawns with huge houses are an ecological desert--where are the rabbits, insects, birds, and diverse plants which made these beautiful acres their home in the past?

Bill Huhman
Central Ohio, formerly from the Missouri hills