market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cucumbers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT hughes.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cucumbers
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:19:59 -0500

Thank you for all of your input/advice.

What price do you charge for pickling cucumbers and for canning tomatoes? Regular cucumbers I sold for 50 cents each, but others at the market sold them for more. Tomato prices were up to $3/pound at our market, but that was just too much for me, I sold mine for $2.50 and later for $2.00. Cherry tomato at the same price, but by pints.

Does anyone have an Herb pick your own patch? I am wondering how that would be.

Thank you all.

Sue Wells