market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cucumbers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cucumbers
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:03:32 -0500

I'd appreciate some growing tips on cucumbers! (for example, do you pinch Divas back?) Things like bed preparation, side-dressing, and so on. In hoophouse and in the field. I know so many people who produce massive amounts of cukes, but I'm not one of them!

Last year I even did the 'two feet of old manure beneath the cucumber hill' that old gardening books recommend and probably had the worst harvest we ever have had! (And yet a friend of mine once told me that he paid for his first hoophouse with one season of early cuke harvesting!)

Thanks

-Allan