market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Packaging Sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Packaging Sources
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:01:16 -0700

We have a store here in Arizona called Smart & Final. I've found this to be a good place to buy plastic produce bags, paper grocery bags, etc. I believe Sam's Club and Costco carry similar items. Also, Monte Package Company has a TON of produce packaging items. Prices are good, and the service is great (they're an East coast company, I believe): http://montepkg.com/index.asp

I also found a company that carries biodegradable produce bags (they break down in 3-5 years in a landfill environment). I'd like to be able to offer this option to my customers, but they're a little pricey. Here's a link:
http://www.brenmarco.com/supermarket/SUPERMARKET%20LARGE%20PAGES/oxo_biodegrd_thk_t-bag.htm

A company called ULINE also has a nice selection of bags and A LOT of other stuff. I've ordered from them before and they are a joy to work with...good prices and fast standard delivery.
http://www.uline.com/

Hope this helps,

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm