market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Packaging Sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Packaging Sources
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:29:54 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Lucy Goodman
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:08 AM
To: Market Farming

Kelly Saxer wrote:
> We have a store here in Arizona called Smart & Final. I've found this
> to be a good place to buy plastic produce bags, paper grocery bags,
> etc. I believe Sam's Club and Costco carry similar items. Also, Monte
> Package Company has a TON of produce packaging items. Prices are good,
> and the service is great (they're an East coast company, I believe):
> http://montepkg.com/index.asp
>
>Monte packaging is a Michigan company with warehouses in Fla and AZ (I
think on AZ, I know they have one western entity) not east coast

There is a place on the internet www.restockit.com which sells all kinds of
restaurant supplies. They sell various sizes of produce bags which are very
much like the grocery store kind with the 5 a day logo on them. They come
by the case of 4 rolls. They are much cheaper then I have ever been able to
purchase them before. I believe they have a flat shipping rate which makes
them very reasonable to order via mail. They may also have clam shells but
I have not checked into that.
Kathy in Vermont