market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Packaging Sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Packaging Sources
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 05:07:51 -0500

Kelly Saxer wrote:
We have a store here in Arizona called Smart & Final. I've found this to be a good place to buy plastic produce bags, paper grocery bags, etc. I believe Sam's Club and Costco carry similar items. Also, Monte Package Company has a TON of produce packaging items. Prices are good, and the service is great (they're an East coast company, I believe): http://montepkg.com/index.asp

Monte packaging is a Michigan company with warehouses in Fla and AZ (I
think on AZ, I know they have one western entity) not east coast

For anyone in Ky/IN/OH check out Mendelson's in Dayton. This is a huge place that buys out businesses of all sorts and generally has a good selection of plastic and paper bags of all sorts and for way cheap. Rolls of produce bags like they have at any grocery store generally run around $5. I found big boxes of crystal plastic bags for $5 (I have seen these same bags on the web going for $10 per 100).

this place also carries a lot of restaurant supplies including walk in coolers and freezers.
http://www.mendelsons.com/

They have an on-line service but have only a small % of their stock offered there and no bags of any kind other than car air bags.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Farm
Eaton, OH (zone 5/6)
http://boulerbelt.blogspot.com