market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] intensive potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] intensive potatoes
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:52:16 -0500

Hey Phil,

Tell us more

We have been thinking of doing this but had questions.

Is there much ‘greening’?

Do you plant any earlier?

Is there any effect on blight?

How do you remove the vines before you pull the plastic?

If you are planting every month does that mean you  are selling them all fresh? Is there a reason you don’t just put them all in at once then harvest as required?

Cheers.

David

Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.