market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] More thoughts on marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] More thoughts on marketing
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:35:09 -0700

It really ought to be a no-brainer, but experts always have to make things
more complicated than they are. Marketing strategy? Growers can do as they
please, but it makes more sense to me to meet a need that's already there
-- good locally produced food at reasonable prices -- than to try to create
a demand for something else people don't want and don't need. I'm not
arguing with Ogilvy On Advertising. He's just history, that's all. Surely
we've learned something about the needs of our society and culture since
then.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net