market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelly Elliott" <shelly AT idlethyme.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:50:31 -0700

Paul,
I love it! I am extremely pregnant right now. People always ask how I plan
to lose the weight while I have a CSA to run and a job to do. HA! It is the
very fact that I have such an active job that always keeps the weight coming
off! My kids are lean mean health machines also. They snack on things like
fresh green beans and spinach and their first foods are carrots pulled from
the ground and blended with fresh well water. I do not fear the food that I
eat because I raise most of it or at lest I know who does. I could not
imagine raising my family on grocry store food. My grocery bill is under
$300 a month for a family of 5 (soon to be 6). With so many diseases and
allergies being linked to processed foods I prefer to stick to the whole
foods that my farm can provide.
Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm
www.IdleThymeFarms.com