market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:15:17 -0800 (PST)

> Earlier this month, outgoing Secretary of Health and Human
> Services Tommy Thompson ruffled his bosses' feathers when he
> admitted, "For the life of me, I cannot understand why the
> terrorists have not attacked our food supply, because it is
> so easy to do." Administration officials quickly disavowed
> and denied the concerns. But Thompson isn't the only
> high-ranking politician to acknowledge this Achilles' heel.

Because of the reporting systems in place at the CDC,
food terrorism on any kind of large scale is unlikely.

Food related illnesses are reported right away, and
food related deaths are reported instantly.

Companies in the food business have too much to
protect than to let anyone monkey with the safety of
their products and since 9/11. I'm sure many of those
companies monitor who gets to work in what jobs.

I think food security is pretty tight already.

At least that's my opinion.

MCAHNY to everybody!

Jay Gee