market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: Response to Mr. Shoemaker

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: Response to Mr. Shoemaker
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 00:22:52 -0400

mn,

I am currently reading "Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meaning
of Life" by Daniel Dannett.(Finalist National Book Award). It is not easy
reading but he attempts the questions you ask. I have not finished the book
yet but it seems to be headed in the direction of showing the Evolutionary
Theory does not necessarily mean reductionist ethics. If you enjoy writers
such as Carl Sagan, you will find the book interesting. If you embrace
Creationism it will be disturbing.
(This posting is just to suggest a book, it is not a challenge to debate the
issue or meant as a topic for this list).

Joe