market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: Response to Mr. Shoemaker

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: Response to Mr. Shoemaker
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:43:33 -0500, Bill Shoemaker wrote:

> I didn't mean to start another topic. But you're all right, there are
> other earthly creatures that farm. But not on the scale man does, and not
> with the impact man has. It's probably worth studying though.

If ants successfully raise and support aphids to feed their community
I would call that very successful. Ant communities often have as
many members as large cities.

Leaf cutter ants in South America regularly deforest patches of
ground so that new growths of the leaves they long for can sprout.

This strikes me as farming on a rather large scale.

jay gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming

Free marketing aids for farmers at:
http://jghelp.com/farming