market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: trellising tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Knutson" <eknutson AT clubdepot.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: trellising tomatoes
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 22:53:08 -0600

Around here, cattle panels (or stock panels) are 16 feet long and run about
$1 a foot. They are *usually* 46" to 52" tall and some have the openings
evenly spaced from top to bottom and others the horizontals get closer
together the closer you get to the bottom of them. We also have *hog* panels
around here. They are about 30" to 34" high and always (to my knowledge)
have pretty close spacings at the bottom of the panel, like 2 or 3" apart.
They are also 16 feet long, but they run about 75ยข a foot. Not to great for
trellising tomatoes, but OK for some of the shorter peas, or as an arch for
taller climbing plants.

Betsy (eknutson AT clubdepot.com)
Southern Idaho, USDA Zone 5