market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: Response to Mr. Shoemaker

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: Response to Mr. Shoemaker
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:12:22 -0400

really don't want to start a off-topic discussion, but I think there has
been some research in this area. Certain "other earthly creatures" do farm.
I don't remember all the specifics, but certain insects do farm. I also
found an interesting article on snail's farming here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/dispatch/story/0,12978,1098954,00.html

Not to deny your larger point, Paul Stamets has argued rather effectively that neither snails nor ants garden but rather they are the unwitting servants of the fungus itself. He has done this at BIONEERS, if not other places. www.fungiperfecti.com -Allan