market-farming - [Market-farming] comfortable field-worthy shoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Grow19 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] comfortable field-worthy shoes
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:26:26 EDT

Hi farm friends,

I have a big challenge trying to find sturdy shoes that can hold up to farm work and I figure who else to ask about this but farmers!

Most shoes hurt my feet and finding any that don't is a real trial.  My story - my old feet  need shoes that are designed wide ('wide last') in the ball of the foot and toe box while having a 'regular last' heel area.  Not many shoes are available in double wide or wider and if they are, they might be too wide in the heel.  As an example, I finally found a design of New Balance running shoes that are perfect - great support, great fit.  But of course these are not built for farm work; water and dirt would wreck them in no time.

Any advice?  Thanks in advance,
Judy Tiger
Washington DC