market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] poison ivy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] poison ivy
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:38:27 -0500

On the recommendation of Gary Null, in his book "Get Healthy Now," I
took Rhus Tox for three weeks last year during a severe outbreak of CT
(after planting 3,000 plants and digging, by hand, several 4 1/2' x 80'
rows - yowch!). The CT was so bad, it felt like knives running up and
down my arms and legs when I laid down at night - and sleep was simply
impossible.

I don't know if this was covered earlier or not, but you can take 1 rhus tox 6x (3x if you can find it) a day for three weeks starting about now and find that you are desensitized to poison ivy during the season. I've done this myself and have gone from getting outbreaks from simply being 'around' poison ivy to getting no outbreaks (sometimes!), even with direct contact.

This, to me, is a more sensible version of the old-timer advice here in the Blue Ridge to eat the first emerging leaves of the ivy in the spring for full season protection. (Yes, even the old timers admit that eating the ivy often made them so sick they thought they would die - but most of them say they never had another outbreak.)

Robert's advice on using homeopathy is profound. It's unfortunate, but you can no longer rely on the homeo companies to give you advice that doesn't benefit them financially.

-Allan