market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] poison ivy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr - The Chile Man <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] poison ivy
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:07:03 -0500

Rhus Tox is also good for carpal tunnel syndrome.

On the recommendation of Gary Null, in his book "Get Healthy Now," I
took Rhus Tox for three weeks last year during a severe outbreak of CT
(after planting 3,000 plants and digging, by hand, several 4 1/2' x 80'
rows - yowch!). The CT was so bad, it felt like knives running up and
down my arms and legs when I laid down at night - and sleep was simply
impossible.

In three weeks, all symptoms had disappeared. I continue to take Rhus
Tox before and after any work that involves repetitive motion.

Remember - when you're taking any homeopathic preparation, pour the pill
into the cap and then into your mouth. Homeopathic preparations will
discharge nto your hand, so make sure to go directly from cap to mouth.
Pills should be placed sub-lingually (that is, under the tongue).

Forget what it says on the bottle. Take ONE pill at a time. If your
condition is severe, take pills every two or three hours, one at a time,
then gradually reduce the dose when you feel better (to 3x/day). These
recommendations are true for all homeopathic preps, not just Rhus Tox.

I've also used Arnica Montana (30x; the Rhus Tox is 30x, too) with great
effect. Arnica helps repair sore muscles and bones (joints) - and I use
it anytime I spend much time in the fields. You should also use Arnica
if you've broken a bone (and you should also take Boneset).

Anyone else have any homeopathic preps they want to recommend for 45
year-old farmers?!?

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

* A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See our web site for
details!