market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: Introduction & new to market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: Introduction & new to market
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:03:32 -0400

>"Come on now, a grown man afraid of a vegetable??". That didn't help.

Ah, MeLani, the south--home of community witch doctors and voodoo...veggies
can indeed be scary. Just ask any kid. ; )))

As for burgundy okra...florists love it!!! I never sold it to eat (yep, I
only like it fried, & for that, color doesn't matter) but my florists &
chefs loved it. What I didn't sell, I dried for fall arrangements which
ended my market season.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC