market-farming - [Market-farming] Introduction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OdieAnn AT webtv.net (Laurie)
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Introduction
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:51:27 -0500 (CDT)

Thought I would also introduce myself, my name is Laurie Olson. I live
in north central Nebraska...in the sand hills. I love to garden. I raise
a variety of vegetables, and started a small herb garden. I need all the
help I can get in growing herbs. There are no fresh herbs in my area,
and dried herbs are also hard to find in the local stores. I'm hoping
that they sell at the farmer's market this summer. I found this link
from Johnny's Seeds and found it rather interesting. If anyone can
advise on herb farming, and possibly help me out in pricing the fresh
herbs, I would appreciate it. I'm growing chives, French terragon, sage,
oregano, marjoram, thyme, fennel, cilantro, parsley, varieties of basil
and rosemary. Thanks! Laurie