market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Introduction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Introduction
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:08:20 -0400

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:15:56 -0400, you wrote:

>I also read from so many about all the rains causing the inability to
>plant or at least as early as you would like.

It's particularly frustrating for those of us in
short-season places.

We're theoretically in Zone 5, but we have a microclimate
much more like Zone 4 (because of the altitude here). Our
first frost is the first week in October, so if the summer
crops don't get in fairly soon, there's going to be very
little point in planting them at all.

I'd like to say - for those whose interests are more towards
the home-gardening/homesteading end of the spectrum -
there's an excellent homesteading list that I'm on - it
stays on topic, and flame wars aren't allowed, no politics,
etc. A really good list, very informative, and it has 700
some members although - as usual - many just read and don't
post. It's a pretty high-volume list.

Anyway, for anyone who might like to join that list as well
as this one: