market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Seed starting mix

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bob AT akasha.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Seed starting mix
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:28:51 -0600

A great idea - ought to be in a book. The illustration is outrageous and
neat.

We have 6 saw horses. @ each side by side like this:

| | |
| | |

We place plywood on them. We place an electric blanket (the kind that people
sleep under) on the plywood. We place the plastic over the electric blanket.
We place the water proof tray on the plastic. We place potting trays with
potting soil and seed on the plastic.

The frame looks like a big frame for a bunk bed with only the upper frame.
Under the frame in the long direction there are hooks screwed in the cedar.
The chains that support the light fixtures hook onto the hooks. This is so
we can quickly raise the lights up and down.

| |
|-----------------------------|

The trays fit like this:

XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

So are easy to pull in and out if need be. The water is put in at the front
of the tray.

Marc