market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: Flower seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol Larsen" <sunborn AT mhtc.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: Flower seed
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:19:28 -0600

Of course I will weigh in on the flower seed issue. :) For years I have
used Parks, Stokes, Johnny's, Territorial, Fedco, Thompson and Morgan,
Gurney's. But I am going to grow more esoteric sorts this year in larger
quantities and am ordering primarily from Geo, Harris, Stokes, Germania,
Territorial and Johnny's.
I was disappointed in the germination rate from Fedco flower seed. I
can't afford to do that even if the seed is so cheap (you get what you
pay for... duh) Johnny's and Stokes are still not using foil packets
which seem to be the best way to get seed.

Carol Larsen
Sunborn Gardens

  • [Market-farming] RE: Flower seed, Carol Larsen, 02/07/2003