market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Hoop House

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT bcn.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Hoop House
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:30:35 -0500

Allan,
I believe I was at the workshop in Saratoga Springs where EC had his
mind swayed. [an admirable trait I find, especially in someone with so
many of his opinions in print ]
Steve Moore and David Cohlmeyer where also there and David challenged
Eliots dedication to totally fossil fuel free winter growing. He
pointed out the net btu savings with the additional salad crops made
possible with minimal additions of heat as well as the flexibility; for
example, if you need a Valentine day slew of salad, turn the heat up
from minimums of 18F to a luxuriant min of 25F 21 days out, then drop it
again until the market needs more. Great stuff.
Yours
David Inglis
Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.