market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Agroterrorism

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ed Clifford" <hmdrawrod AT citlink.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Agroterrorism
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:26:38 -0500

Lucy,
It must be wonderful to take things out of context and have a nest of
comrades to support you. My farm is organic except for the certification, I
don't have the time or inclination to keep records that are required, nor to
I want to pay a government ordained agency to inspect what I do. Further I
can't charge anymore for this so I don't need it. I also notice that you and
several others are the keepers of the torch of Organics and without your
support we would all perish.
And I always welcome opposing view points, good for the soul to hear your
fellow man. I was wondering though where this statement came from:
"I know this sounds paranoid but we live in paranoid times and this sort
> of thing is already happening to all men of middle east origins in this
> country-they must register and many are held for days and weeks with
> absolutely no reason by the US gov't other than some vague suspicion
> that ALL men who are dark skinned and Muslim are terrorists."

The reason I ask is I have a neighbor who is of Lebanese descent and
although he was born and raised in Albany, NY, I don't think he knows where
to report, maybe you do. See I was under the impression that the laws and
orders you were so strongly pointing out were directed at finding out who
overstayed their visas and who slipped into the country. But I guess I was
wrong. You seem to have the secret list. Can you give us the number of
American citizens that are being held as terrorists and that is based on
their ancestors birthplace, dark skin, and religion.
I'm aware of the enemy combatants position the president has taken....I'm
not fond of it except where an American was fighting against US troops
overseas. I believe the one I am referring to was white skinned.

If you had read the article and understood the intent, instead of
gleaning what you wanted to hear. What they are looking at is a broad range
of behavior. For example a woman is raped. Usually you can eliminate all the
women and children in the area. You find a blond hair from the attacker, you
can eliminate all dark skinned males....maybe not that's not fair. In a
perfect world we could all have what we want, and everyone could trust
everyone, I haven't been there yet...maybe someday. Feel free to take this
off-forum, it really doesn't belong here anyway.

Ed
Clifford
Shale Rock
Farm