market-farming - RE: new terminology

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: new terminology
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:43:00 -0500

> NO, we do not have to compete with the big grocery labels on their
> "organic" terms at all. And we don't have to sell into the commodity
> markets either, which is still competing with cheap food grown wrong by
> big agribusiness. It's the corporate line as always. It's getting so I
> can almost predict his responses and write the script.

If you do not sell commodity organic products, why would you really need
certification?

Why is that question associated in some way with some kind of corporate
line?

Your responses are often very odd as they seem to not be connected with the
issue at hand. Which if you noticed you chose not to answer and went off
with this red herring approach.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm