market-farming - RE: new terminology

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Sawyer <css AT ioa.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: new terminology
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:11:00 -0500

Liz,
If you are talking about CFSA they have never been affiliated with our state,
and further more it is not that they don't want anything to do with USDA< it
is more like they never had any sense to begin with and never did make a going
business out of it. CFSA never certified a processor, store, or restaurant,
only small farms. They never made a profit certifying. My opinion is that the
director cares more about fundraising for his salary than helping out any
farmers in NC>
I have volunteered twice to help raise money for them and at one point really
tried to help and get involved only to have my eyes opened to the miserable
job they do. As far as the organic growers school they are so proud of I bash
that also. The same old topics with the same old speakers year after year. I
would not cross the street to attend one of their functions.

Chris