market-farming - Re:RE: email marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "William McKay" <bmckay55 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re:RE: email marketing
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:19:41 +0000

I can not stress enough the usefullness of email marketing. Most comments have covered the basics, but I want to stress how simple it is. If you have a normal web site, you probably have an option to set up an email list. They may call it a newsletter, may call it something else, but it is probably there. You just create the list, send a single email to the list, and you are done. For the first few editions of my newsletter, I couldn't figure out how to make it work so I was sending emails with blind copies to folks on the list. It took me forever just to send. Now, it takes two minutes to send one out to a couple of thousand people.

I do a quarterly newsletter and I can tell by sales increases when one goes out. It is the most cost effective way to keep reminding customers that you exist.

Also want to reinforce some points. Make it useful. Make it personal; people love that and remember. Mostly, make it fun.

Bill McKay in E. Massachusetts